August 9, 2012

Food Budget....smudget!




Well I can't say I did too badly this week.

We ate out quite a few times.  The usual suspects: Panera, Starbucks, Pizza.  But is was okay because we did almost no grocery shopping for this past week.  So I'd say that we got by with spending about $90 dollars.  This week will be more interesting.  We have spent $130 dollars on staples for this week.  We have been sampling different "cheaper" stores,  this week was Wal-mart.  I can't believe I allowed this, but I am trying to find a cheaper alternative to Whole Foods, which is where I used to exclusively shop.  We have been to Sam's, Costco, and of course our local Giant store on previous visits.  We did pretty good at Wal-mart, I think... selection wise.  We have gluten, soy and lactose intolerences to handle in the family diet and to my surprise, they had gluten-free pasta and the almond milk my kids like.  I can say I am happy with the meat I bought,  and organic was hard to come by.

I wanted to go to our local farmers market this week.   We have two in our area, that I know of, but something always comes up.  Maybe next week.

My frustration lingers about feeding a family of four or more with food sensitivities.  I plan all of our meals and have a grocery list most weeks, but inevitably life happens and the plan goes out the window, along with the budget.

Please read how my fellow bloggers are doing on their project: FOOD BUDGET

  • Emily Levenson
  • Dairy-Free Cooking
  • Cook Write Heal
  • Warm As Pie
  • xox, b
  • Project Food Budget 2.0
  • That's Just Me
  • Two Eggs Over Easy
  • Eat Whole Be Vital
  • Four Happy Violets
  • Pgh Dad
  • yogabeautylife
  • naMAMAste
  • Six Dollars a Day
  • What da Health?
  • French Press
  • Veggie Meal Maker
  • Eryn Says...
  • Charmingly Modern
  • Ignite Your Life
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment