September 30, 2013

Hungry?...Can't Put Your Finger On It?


This weekend I just let go... and the world did not collapse.  I did have stuff that I wanted to get done but nothing involved driving more than a few minutes.  That made this weekend relaxing, and that was nice.

It gave me a lot of time to just sit in my art studio and think.  I have been spending a lot of time trying to get back into painting.  I chatted with a friend and really realized I need to practice what I preach.  I talk a lot about the "food" that you do not eat that feeds us a well as nutritious food.  I know my food is painting and yet I have been depriving myself of it for a long time.

Why do we do this? Why don't we take care of ourselves, how do we miss our basic needs.

Creativity, spirituality, physical exercise are all forms of nourshiment for our bodies.  Without a healthy balance you might feel out of sorts, not your normal self, stressed, depressed, or really hungry for something you cant put your finger on.

What are you not "feeding" yourself?

- Make a list of reasons you give not to "feed" yourself.
- Next to each item make note of who is in control of each reason.
- Take some time and write a plan for taking back control... get creative and take the first step!

Ready...set...GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment