September 6, 2012

Back 2 School Bliss...No Food Needed



This week we are at a total of $135 for the big haul and $15 and $45 for two small "oops I forgots."  Thats not bad!

But I felt horrible this week.  The kids started school this week.  I'm not really one to make a huge deal about it, but it still hit me hard, my youngest started pre-school this year and now the house is empty for the first time in 6 years for a couple of hours every week.  No big deal I thought I'll just get some work done, it will be more time for me.

But the house is quiet...and there are no faces appearing around corners and this is weird.

What does this have to do with food?  Well I think I down played the whole "schools starting" because I was kind of sad.  I did not go out of my way to buy special snacks, yummy after school treats, or a surprise favorite food for their lunches.  I didn't do it because I did not want it to come.

It did come and I had all the nessecery things to make lunches and snacks!  The kids are prefeclty fine and don't know the difference.  I did manage to fix a big breakfast for their first day, and ya know.... they didn't eat it!!!    

So why do I feel horrible?  They didn't miss un-needed treats, they did not eat mommies special breakfast, and I had everything I needed to pack their lunches anyway.  And guess what... I stayed close to budget because of all of this.

So Happy Back-To-School... nothing special needed, my kids were happiest to see their friends, NOT food.  And this makes my heart happy and I don't feel so horrible anymore ;-)


Check out what my fellow project:FOODBUDGET bloggers are up to:

No comments:

Post a Comment